What is this all about?
- Maher Suleiman told KRIV-TV his 6-year-old son Mohammad — a Muslim, the station said — was born with Down syndrome chromosome 21, doesn’t speak and “needs care all the time.”
- But Suleiman told the station Mohammad’s regular teacher left C.J. Harris Elementary School, and a substitute teacher called police about Mohammad.
- Suleiman added to KRIV that the Pearland, Texas, school told the officer that Mohammad can talk: “It’s not true, he doesn’t speak at all,” Suleiman told the station.
- He also told KRIV the substitute teacher said Mohammad uttered the words “Allah” and “boom.”
- “She claimed he was a terrorist,” Suleiman told the station. “This is so stupid, it’s discrimination. Actually, it’s not implied discrimination, it’s actual discrimination.”
- Child Protective Services investigated as well, he told KRIV.
- “The last three to four weeks have been the hardest of my life,” Suleiman added to the station. “My wife and kids were crying a few days ago, and I told them everything is fine.”
- Community activist Quanell X told KRIV that this “story” was “piecemealed together by a substitute teacher alleging this child was sexually harassing her — the teacher — and possibly being a terrorist. A 6-year-old kid.”
- Pearland police told KRIV it investigated but found no need for involvement in the case. CPS added to the station that its investigation remains open.
- A Pearland Independent School District spokesperson told KRIV the district can’t release any student or personnel information due to privacy laws.
- TheBlaze on Monday morning reached out to Pearland police regarding the community activist’s claim of sexual harassment but didn’t immediately hear back from the department.
(H/T: Blue Lives Matter)